This pattern was mostly an experiment with a multicoloured Wollmeise yarn I had still lying around. But hey, why not have a fancy sweatband!
You need about 25g of fingering yarn and 2.5 mm double-pointed needles.
Multicoloured yarn adds the nice colour-effect.
- k — knit
- p — purl
- k2tbl — knit 2 stitches through back loop
- m1 — make 1 — add a stitch by lifting and twisting the strand between the two stitches on row below
- k2tog — knit two stitches together
Pattern Note — Woven Chevrons:
- right leaning row: knit 2, slip 3 stitches with yarn in front until end of the row minus one stitch — beginning of round now moved one stitch to the right
- left leaning row: knit 2, slip 3 stitches with yarn in front until end of the row, knit 1 — beginning of round now moved one stitch to the left
- Woven Chevrons right: 6 right leaning rows followed by 5 left leaning rows
- Woven Chevrons left: 6 left leaning rows followed by 5 right leaning rows
- Cast on 72 stitches with your preferred cast on method and join in round. Be careful not to twist.
- (k2tbl, p2) — repeat over the round for 10 rounds
- (k2tog, k34) x2
- Woven Chevrons right
- knit for 6 rounds
- Woven Chevrons left
- (k1, m1, k34) x2
- (k2tbl, p2) — repeat over the round for 9 rounds
- Bind of loosely in ribbing pattern
- Weave in ends and block lightly.